A more complicated picture of the U.S. economy came into focus this morning from new Labor Department data. U.S. hiring appears to have dropped this summer, while the unemployment number continues to drop lower as discouraged workers give up job-hunting. In all, it shows the economy is mending even slower than thought, and it may disrupt the Federal Reserve’s plans to stop its stimulus program. Economists had thought the Fed might begin to taper its bond-buying as soon as later this month. Generally, the Fed wants...Read more
Category Archives: NAA News
How strong the economic recovery has been since the Great Recession ended in 2009 probably depends on viewpoint. For those in the top 5 percent, the recovery has been pretty good. As for the other 95 percent, well ... maybe not so much. Post-financial crisis wealth disparity has been well-chronicled. Read More...
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) posted notice of the public hearing on the Amendments to the Antiperspirants and Deodorants Regulation; Consumer Products Regulation; Aerosol Coating Products Regulation; The Tables of Maximum Incremental Reactivity Values; Test Method 310; and Proposed Repeal of the Hairspray Credit Program scheduled for Thursday, September 26. The public comment period begins on August 12 and closes at 12:00 pm PDT on September 25. A link to access the public notice, Initial Statement of Reasons (ISOR) and rulemaking text is provided...Read more